Monday 30 August 2010

Hospital Entertainement!

As I mentioned, when my daughter was in hospital the play nurse came an offered her a choice of things to do before she went down to theatre to take her mind off things. My daughter (I am pleased to say) selected something crafty rather than the other things on offer, but no sooner had the nurse gone off to find the bits and pieces for her 'dream catcher' (which she had sold my daughter as being useful while under anesthetic) than we were called down to theatre.

When she came back all groggy and plastered up to her arm pit there was a box of bits and pieces at the end of her bed. As soon as she had come round properly and I'd persuaded her to take her medicine (no mean feat) she was desperate to make something. The only way to do this was for her to choose items out of the box with her good arm (which is not the one she 'uses') and then tell me what she wanted me to do with them. So, under strict instruction this is what we came up with.
I was quite impressed by the range of materials they had and it was good distraction for daughter and worried mother alike.

No comments:

Post a Comment