Friday 27 August 2010

Stash, Stash, Stash

After some encouragement from our school librarian (you know who you are fellow wool fiend) I eventually got round to organising my stash into a kind of system. It's in one place (ish) at least. So the scary truth is that after an honest overhaul (outcasts sent to help the aged) I still have 6 very large plastic storage boxes stacked from floor to ceiling. They are grouped into 4ply, lighter than 4 ply (sock/ lace), aran, chunky(ish), cotton and fancy/ not sure where to put that. I can't bring myself to photograph it because it really is a shameful admission of my yarn addiction.

However, then there's this box. This one is full of yarns I have bought/ acquired since the reorganisation. There are some really gorgeous, deluxe skeins in here, with the serious damage done at Knit Nation where I made the mistake of touching some silk skeins and whoops I'd bought them. It is absolute heaven to stick your hand in.
I must get some yarn self-control, I must get some yarn self-control, I must get some yarn self-control, I must get some yarn self-control............

For anyone interested, my daughter is picking up nicely, fingers crossed that all is as it should be when we visit the hospital on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment