Wednesday 2 February 2011

Menagerie of Animals Knit Love Swap

So, the parcel was sent, and ended up with i-make a keen crafter so here's what I included:

This felted owl pincushion wristband, where I followed the pattern up to the eyes which I enlarged with discs of felt.

and these are an adaptation of Tiny Owl's 'Sweet Robin Wrist-ees' which I decided to adapt a little to make a magpie and nest complete with trinkets: beads, buttons, ribbons and a dangley bit from a broken necklace. I also included the channel island cast on which Alice introduced to us in last year's Knit Love Club and seemed appropriate as these were off to Guernsey.
Evidently magpie's love to collect shiny things and have a song that's described as a 'chatter' which just seemed right somehow for my swapee who has a blog and podcast about a whole range of gorgeous crafting activities.

The bought elements were packed up alongside the made and it has all been posted off and my fingers were crossed that I'd picked well.

Phew, she was very pleased with the package! Hurrah!




No comments:

Post a Comment