Saturday 26 February 2011

Loving knit Love

F
inished!




My first Knit Love Socks of the year were finished in a speedy way. The first one had some ripping back and a few changes had to be made, but then the second one flew off the needles over an intense attack session.

I have discovered that I'm more of a following a diagram kind of girl and less keen on reading row upon row of written notes. I kept miss counting which row I was on because I was incapable of remembering whether I had actually moved the row counter on or not. Duh! Someone suggested moving a Post-It note down the rows and that seemed to help, though then I kept forgetting whether I'd moved it or not.... I'm clearly in the grips of middle age brain cell loss!

Ans what do i think of them? Well, I LOVE Alice's yarn, it's immensely soft, but firmly spun, the colour is great and I love the pattern, but it's love with a lover case 'l', not the big all encompassing Love that i have felt for some of her more patterned varieties of socks from last year. However; contented I am and they are well deserving of the flashing drop cap! Thanks Alice

No comments:

Post a Comment