Friday 18 February 2011

Knit Love, Love, Love!

The first round of this year's Kit Love Sock Club has arrived.





I've been sitting on putting pictures up for a while so that everyone could get theirs. Alice has had her own yarn spun and hand dyed it all. It's called Sokkusu-X, a lovely cashmere mix and it's heavenly; squishy yet firm and soft. Deluxe!

 I'm absolutely in love with the colours. They are a perfect balance of a crushed berry
 purple with a touch of muted gold and a splash of grey....gorgeous! The colour way is 'Corallina' and I have to decide whether I can make it into the allotted sock pattern or save it for something else...I'm not sure I can slip it into a shoe....we'll see.


So, it was off to the swift and ball winder and I am glad to report that it wound like a dream into the most

delightful ball of colour.......I love this club!


2 comments:

  1. Oooh lovely. I am glad to have seen this as I was planning a post about this gorgeous yarn too but wanted to wait the right amount of time. Your pics are lovely. I think I might knit a different pattern with the yarn too - not sure yet. Interestingly mine doesn't seem to have any yellow/gold in it at all just pinks and purples and a little grey. But I love it.

    Martine (iMake)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the yarn too, I'm trying to knot these socks but I having unpicked them already as I treated the SW's as 2 stitches instead of one. Now I am worrying about getting a toe nipple! haha!
    Did you use a lens baby in your photos? I love the selective focus ;)

    ReplyDelete