Sunday 13 June 2010

More Bread!

My husband thinks I'm obsessed with no-knead bread. He could be right. It's so easy! The thing is, for medical reasons (which I won't go into it) I can't eat brown bread and for years I've tried to find white bread that i thought tasted nice, but white loaves with substance seem rather few and far between.

So, no-knead bread is worth the (little) effort for me. Have you given it a go yet?

I did a bit of experimenting, I replaced all of the water with freshly squeezed carrot juice (300g). It takes great. It looks hilarious. Bright orange bread. Funny looking, but not weird and disgusting if you know what I mean. Anyway, my young daughter eats it. I figured if white bread had to be eaten, why not try and get in some extra vitamins at some point? So, orange carrot bread is now regularly on the menu.


I've also tried throwing half water and half apple juice. Freshly squeezed. I'm rather keen on squeezing juice, I've got one of those Philips extractors has its on everyday at some point. Anyway, that was quite good. I wonder what else to try? I've been thinking about beetroot. I thought that might be quite a laugh! I'll have to wait until they started growing in the garden. Perhaps later in the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment