Wednesday 23 June 2010

Fish Bowl Biscuits

There's a danger here of a bit of competitive mum syndrome, but here's what we made for the school fair.

I couldn't help myself, the left over stuff from the swimming pool cake was calling me. So rather than go for volume on these occasions, I always go for over the top! Few, but special- I hope.

So, here goes for some rather large biscuits....

Basic biscuits made and cut out with a small metal flan case. When I say small, I mean bigger than any of my cutters, but smaller than a large flan. Then  I made some blue marble icing in the same way as for the swimming pool cake which was cut and stuck on top with a little runny icing.

Then a lurid shade of orange icing was used along with a large plastic fish cutter and a dot of black icing for the eye.


Followed by the wondrous clear icing gel liberally painted on top to add to the water effect, a selection of silver balls for air bubble and the vital sprinkling of glitter for added bling!


And at the fair.... sold in no time, but spotted being carried round very carefully by a couple of children!

No comments:

Post a Comment