Friday 7 January 2011

Hats and More Hats

I've been knitting hats for my SIL who is battling her way through Chemo. It seems a vaguely useful thing to do when there's frustratingly little that you can do. The good news is that she is just over hjalf way and things are looking good. She is a tower of strength and very much a lesson to all of us.
This first one is a Tretta Hat knitted in some beautiful Skein Queen Opulent cashmere which was very kindly donated to me by a fellow Knit Love club member.
This one was a lovely pattern to knit: a cotton Coline

and finally a Pi Topper in some nice silk yarn which between them should cope with all levels of chemo induced sensitivity I hope. This then led on to further hats emerging:

A Woolly Wormhead Brownie, sized up for my daughter and minus ear flaps
A further Tretta with beads for my mum
and finally a made up as you go along style hat for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment